About Me

NYC
Female, currently living in NYC but being forced to leave. You will learn more as I blog more...but for the next two months I will document my departure, with a daily pic from the city. Each time a different location!

Thursday, June 18, 2009

Fedex Man


So .... I spent the last two weeks off work .... just with L. And today the Fedex Man came and picked up boxes to ship back to the UK .... my stuff. I haven't taken everything with the hope that I will be back sometime soon. But it truly is heartbreaking having stuff sent back to the place that I can't even call home any more. I never truly gave any thought to that phrase 'home is where the heart is'...it is a cliche right? Hell no! It is the truth. I know I won't be saying goodbye ... but it still hurts.


So what has been happening? Well ... UAFA had an appearance in the Senate Judiciary committee. I have read some people saying how great it is ... and I have hope. But then I have read and probably agree more with the pessimists. The ones who have sat there and seen that President Obama really hasn't done much. Yes Yes I know ... he has had a lot on his plate ... but give something to the people who helped you get where you are. Something to the people who just want to stay with the person they love. The weird thing for me is that L tells me stories about the families she works with ... families that abuse their kids, physically; emotionally or both. They receive help from the government, and L and I who have done nothing wrong receive nothing.


Personally, I have just been spending time with L and her cats! Cody gave us a bit of a scare the other day ... had to take him to the emergency vet. For the first time I felt the responsibility of having someone depend on you. Even though the two cats are L's I have grown very very fond of them. And was very relieved when everything worked itself out.


L keeps telling me off for not having kept up with my blog ... I just get depressed thinking about things. I have 8 nights left with her until I come back on holiday... . I hate that thought. I have set up our webcams and am sure we can get through this - but this really does suck! Unfortunately we don't have lots of time ... wish we did.

No comments:

Post a Comment